Founded in 2018 in the UK, Mangalam is an informative and advocacy organization. We want to encourage practices that ensure the well-being of all people, communities, and our planet at large.
While our ancestors started arriving in the UK soon after the Second World War, the primary wave spanned the late sixties and early seventies.
Settling in a foreign county had its evident challenges. There were problems with the pattern of eating, environment, and reception in the host community. As the second generation emerged, some youngsters felt uncertain about their identity.
Now that certain families have their third generation, parents, especially Hindus are striving relentlessly to preserve their heritage, and recognize the need to articulate teachings previously handed down by family and cultural traditions.
In simple words, to recapture, revive, and reclaim the teachings of Sanātana Dharma and pass on to the next generations the eternal truth and teachings of Hinduism, one of the most ancient cultures worldwide with enduring universal presence and manifestation.
Through Mangalam, we want our next generations to get a world view and understanding of the nature, diversity, and impact of Hinduism at a global level and thereby its significance and standing in the contemporary world. We want our future generations to attain the knowledge of the world’s third-largest religion that teaches values such as peace, universality, inclusivity, and harmony, values when taught in the right context can enrich and build more inclusive communities.
- To pass the Santana Dharma cultural values to the next generation in the UK.
- Celebrate all Hindu festivals such as Dusshera, Holi, Diwali, and the like.
- Create awareness and spread the message about Hindu culture, values, and traditions.
- Conduct classes about the rich diversity of Hindu sacred texts – hymns, narratives, philosophical thoughts – and their interpretations.
- Distribute Tulsi saplings to every Hindu house in the UK to support and create awareness about our culture and rich traditions.
Pass Santana cultural values to the next generations and present Hinduism to them in a traditional yet practical way to enhance and influence their lives.
Create awareness and spreadthe message of Hindu culture and values, follow our conventional customs and observe rituals.